That silk road was bused by the feds and the alleged owner Ross Ulbricht is in custody is old news. The FBI transferred all the Bitcoins they could seize in a Bitcoin wallet with the message ‘Silkroad Seized Coins’. You can see the wallet here. Of course, people wanted to send a message to the FBI and among the various sob stories asking for donations to clever businesses promoting themselves, there were of course the interesting quotes that people wanted to share. Here is a collection-
- Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man’s appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. -Abraham Lincoln
- All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come. ~Victor Hugo
- You can jail a Revolutionary, but you can’t jail the Revolution. — Huey Newton
- “They’ll say we’re disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war” – Howard Zinn
- If the people allow private banks to control the issue of their currency-will deprive the people of all property-more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies-The issuing power should be restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs~Jefferson
- The designer of a new kind of system must participate fully in the implementation. — Donald E. Knuth
- If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny. – Thomas Jefferson
- “Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies… The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” -Thomas Jefferson
Thoughts on Drugs
- Take the drugs, take the domain, but don’t take the people’s bitcoins. This seizure was only legal because bitcoin is not recognized as a currency.
- You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them.
- I think it’s interesting the two drugs that are legal, alcohol and cigarettes, two drugs that do absolutely nothing for you at all; and the drugs that might open your mind up to realize how badly you’re being fucked every day of your life?
- Why do we put people who are on drugs in jail? They’re sick, they’re not criminals. Sick people don’t get healed in prison. You see? It makes no sense.
- Marijuana: a drug that kills … no one – and let’s put it in a time frame – ever. Illegal.
- There is nothing wrong with drug use or trade, since both are voluntary acts and do no harm to the third parties. (Unlike the government apparatus which is based on use of and threats of violence.) Why on the Earth should _this_ be prosecuted?
- The only way to have a drug-free world is to have a people-free world. And even then, the animals will get stoned.
Thoughts on Government
- What we’re doing isn’t about scoring drugs or ‘sticking it to the man.’ It’s about standing up for our rights as human beings and refusing to submit when we’ve done no wrong.
- I am so sad and ashamed at the current state of affairs in America. I love this country but I am overwhelmed by the wealth disparity and complete dysfunction of our federal government. What legacy are we leaving our children?
- We the PEOPLE Claim the Common Law and waive any and all benefits. US Government, you have not only FAILED the people. We the PEOPLE stand united against this usurpation. We the People do no longer consent, and demand you to abate at law.
- The mythology of government Is worshipped by the superstitious They fear and don’t understand Real freedom If I am to be free I must allow Others to be free
- Isn’t the government supposed to be shut dooown? Will you be able to shut any website down in a month’s time with no money?
- This page shows how Bitcoin is more transparent than the US government.
Thoughts on Politics
- Obama. Your war on drugs is terrorism. If you banned breathing we would all be criminals. Prohibition is terrorism. Your war on immigrants is terrorism. Human beings are not illegal because of superstitious imaginary lines on a map.
- Obama :- Satoshi will make more positive change to the world than you ever promised.
- I loved when Bush came out and said, “We are losing the war against drugs.” You know what that implies? There’s a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- This is a donation for the US government which is in desperate need for money these days. Consider this a small contribution to get around the fiscal cliff.
- You can shut down Napster but you can’t stop file sharing. Same for Silk Road.